Born in Stavropol, Russia, in 1974. Eduard Korniyenko became a professional photographer in 2000.
In 2002 he joined the Russian Union of Journalists. At present, Korniyenko is a full-time photo-correspondent for regional news agency Pobeda26 and a freelancer for the news agency REUTERS.
His work as a photojournalist has focused on developments in Northern Caucasus, which has experienced ethnic and intercultural conflict and political and economic instability.
- Agora Gallery, Professional Competition Exhibition, New York, USA.
- Exhibition Memories, LoosenArt Mag / Gallery, Group Exhibition, Rome, Italy.
- The State of the World, PX3 PRIX LA PHOTOGRAPHIE PARIS, Group Exhibition , Paris, France.
- Royal Photography Society, International Photography Exhibition 161, UK.
- SONY WORLD PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS, Group Exhibition, Somerset House, United Kingdom.
- Mobile Only, PH21 Contemporary Photography Gallery, Group Exhibition, Budapest, Hungary.
- Felix Schoeller Photo Award, Group Exhibition, Osnabrück, Germany.
- War/Photography: Images of Armed Conflict and Its Aftermath, Museum of Fine Arts, Group Exhibition, Houston, USA, Participant.
- Balkan Photо Festival, 1st place Mobile photography, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- IPOTY 2017 (International Photographer of the Year), Photo Essay/Story (Professional) and Sports (Professional) Honorable mention, London, UK.
- International Color Awards, People category, Nominee, CA, USA.
- Tokyo Foto Awards 2017, People category, Silver, Tokyo, Japan.
- FAPA (Fine Art Photography Award) in 4th edition, Photojournalism and Street Photography categories, Nominee, London, UK.
- Siena International Photo Awards, Story Telling, Finalist, Siena, Italy.
- ASPA (Alghero Street Photography Awards), Documentary, Semi-finalist, Alghero, Italy.
- Royal Photography Society, International Photography Exhibition 161, Shortlist, UK.
- MIFA (Moscow International Foto Awards), Editorial-Photo Essay, Honarable mention, Moscow, Russia.
- PX3 PRIX LA PHOTOGRAPHIE PARIS, Silver Prize in Press / Feature Story category, France.
- Efremov photojournalism contest, Federal reportage, 1st Prize, Tobolsk, Russia
- International photo festival “Photoparade in Uglich», Russia, 3nd Prize, Uglich, Russia
- Direct Look photo contest, FOTODOC Center for Documentary Photography, Finalist, Russia.
- EyeEm Awards 2018, The Portraitist category, Finalist, Berlin, Germany.
- IPA 2018, International Photographer of the Year, Honorable Mention: Event, Tragitions and Cultures, LA, USA.
- SONY WORLD PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS, United Kingdom, Sport category, 2nd Prize.
- FAPA (Fine Art Photography Award) in 3th edition, Photojournalism category, Nominee, London, UK.
- Kolga Tbilisi Photo, documentary category, Georgia, Finalist.
- PX3 PRIX LA PHOTOGRAPHIE PARIS, Prize Bronze in Press / Sports category, France.
- MIFA (Moscow International Foto Awards), Sport category, Silver Prize, Moscow, Russia.
- Felix Schoeller Photo Award, Landscape / Nature, Finalist, Osnabrück, Germany.
- IPA 2017 (Russia), Photography of Year, Winner, LA, USA.
- The Exposure Award, Winner, USA.
- PhotogrVphy Grant, Photojournalism, Nominee, London, UK.
- The Chealsea International Photography Competition, New York, USA.
- IPA 2017, International Photographer of the Year, Finalist, LA, USA.
- Siena International Photo Awards, Story Telling, Remarkable Award, Siena, Italy.
- ND Photography Awards 2017, Editorial, 1st, 3rd places and Honarable mention awards, USA.
- Chromatic Awards, Honorable Mention: Portrait, Sports, Street, Wildlife and Animals, USA.
- The Best of Russia, Russia, Winner.
- IPA 2015, Photo Essay and Feature Story, Honorable Mention, USA